(Alcohol Optional) Watermelon Strawberry Aqua Fresca
*plus low cal!
Delicious summer cocktail/or mocktail sure to please!
Take a cup of chilled watermelon (make sure its not too ripe), half cup of whole fresh strawberries (frozen works too) and squeeze a whole lime.
Add a pinch of salt and throw in a magic bullet/or blender.
If you want to make it a cocktail, just add clear rum/or vodka!
Serve over ice with a lime wedge and ENJOY
Stone Fruit and Burrata Salad
Summer is my ABSOLUTE most favorite season for produce, this salad is easy, summer-seasonal, and guaranteed to please…as is anything with burrata!
Simply take a bed of arugula (or basil— I like arugula because the bitterness contrasts the sweetness)
Cut up stone fruit of your choice— I recommend yellow peaches, white peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, and pitted cherries
Mix in teaspoon clumps of burrata
Cut up bread into one inch cubes and sautee in pan with olive oil and salt for a few minutes (until slightly toasty)
Combine ingredients on top of arugula and drizzle balsamic vinegar of choice on top!
Healthy Butternut Squash Soup:
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- A couple cloves garlic
- Fresh sage (1 teaspoon)
- 1 large butternut squash cut and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Some pepper
- Sautee diced onion and garlic and olive oil for a few minutes
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and butternut squash
- Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes/until reduced
- Throw in a magic bullet, and puree (some like it chunky, some smooth)
- Add parmesan, extra sage, or whatever for garnish
I serve it with chopped up chicken apple sausage which is delicious