BLUEBERRY OATMEAL STOUT CRUMBLE CUPCAKES
Unfortunately this photo does not do these cupcakes justice…they are AMAZING!
With my boyfriend’s beer pairing endeavors and the hopshack app fully funded and on its way to being available to every smart phone user, I’ve explored some seriously epic beer themed recipes. Whether paired with or actually used within the recipe we’ve come across quite a few eye-catchers. This one recipe in particular sounded too good to be true so I had to make it immediately. Though a bit labor intensive, it was worth all the efforts. I think I can definitively say…after personally consuming multiple cupcakes in a day…this is the best dessert I’ve made yet!
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly melted
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
Pinch of salt
BLUEBERRY STOUT FILLING:
1/2 cup blueberry jam
1 tablespoon Oatmeal Stout (we used a hopshack favorite, Rogue, pictured above)
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 pound confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the crumble topping, use your hands or two knives to incorporate the butter evenly into the other ingredients. Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
3. For the cupcakes, sift dry ingredients together. Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat stout and butter until blended and frothy. Add eggs, one at a time. Slowly add vanilla and sour cream. Add dry mixture gradually.
4. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle emerges clean.
5. Whisk the blueberry filling ingredients together.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Slowly add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Refrigerate.
7. When the cupcakes have cooled for 10 to 15 minutes, hollow out a small hole in the center of each; fill with a blueberry filling. Spread a little bit over the top of each cupcake, then sprinkle with crumble. Top with piped cream cheese frosting.